Socialnomics – Book review
I can say that Erik Qualman has won another fan of the socialnomics videos and his book. Erik Qualman is the author of Socialnomics: How Social Media Transforms the Way We Live and Do Business (affiliate)
The book is an excellent read and provides practical insights and tips for everyone. Erik provides case studies on how companies have to incorporate social media into their business strategy and how to use it to their advantages. Socialnomics is definitely not a fad but a new way of life.
- Obama’s success driven by social media.
- Winners and Losers in a 140-Character World.
- Next Steps for Companies and The “Glass House Generation”.
- and many more.
Some of my personal key messages that I am taking away are:
- Today consumers pay less attention to above the line mediums. They prefer to listen to their neighbors what they have to say about products and services.
- We no longer have to search for the news – It finds us.
- Search Engines are recognizing the social media shift and try to make their offerings more social.
- Businesses can follow what is being said about them or their industry.
- Real-time updates of news events
I also would like to empathize that Erik speaks about “The next generation can’t speak”. Fact is that the desire and ability to meet new people has rapidly eroded so much that humans fear public speaking. I like to see that Erik mentions the downsides of not having as much face to face interactions as we used to have. It’s a challenge we have to face today and in the future.
I follow Erik Qualman on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/equalman and recommend his book socialnomics.